Country : Formed in : 1998 Status : Active Genre : Black Metal (early), Avant-garde Black Metal (later) Lyrical Themes : Metaphysical Satanism, Theology, Philosophy, Blasphemy
Deathspell Omega is a French black metal band formed in 1998 in Poitiers. Their lyrical content deals primarily with Satanism on a metaphysical level – as the band has stated that "all other interpretations of Satan are intellectually invalid"
They have also released a trilogy of concept albums which focus on the theological aspects of God, Satan and man's relationship with the two. They released their sixth album The Synarchy of Molten Bones on 8 November 2016.and their seventh, The Furnaces of Palingenesia, on 24 May 2019.
Some of their lyrical inspiration has also revolved around existentialist themes coming from the French surrealist Georges Bataille, whom the band has cited several times as their largest literary influence, as well as the German idealist Georg Wilhelm Friedrich Hegel.
- Infernal Battles (2000)
- Inquisitors of Satan (2002)
- Si Monvmentvm Reqvires, Circvmspice (2004)
- Kénôse (2005)
- Fas - Ite, Maledicti, in Ignem Aeternum (2007)
- Veritas Diaboli Manet in Aeternum: Chaining the Katechon (2008)
- Mass Grave Aesthetics (2008)
- Paracletus (2010)
- Diabolus Absconditus (2011)
- Drought (2012)
- The Synarchy of Molten Bones (2016)
- The Furnaces of Palingenesia (2019)